Best Wine Coolers Reviews Guide | What to look before buying wine coolers
What Is Best Wine Coolers?
Before starting with the best wine coolers reviews, let us understand what a wine cooler is. A wine cooler is a fridge specifically built to keep wine for an extended period at a particular temperature at which it bests suits for consumption. We will go into details of different types, sizes, the pros and cons of various wine coolers before closing on to some of the best wine coolers available in the market.To read the Danby wine coolers brands reviews.
All of the listed products are sold through Amazon, so you can be sure of a speedy delivery, safe checkout, and rock solid guarantee.
Wine coolers (also called wine refrigerators, wine fridges & wine chillers) are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, starting from the small countertop wine fridge to the massive models that carry a huge selection of bottles.
For a newcomer to wine collecting or the avid wine drinker, selecting the best type of wine cooler for your particular needs can certainly be a challenging experience. However, by understanding the features of the different wine coolers you can quickly determine the type of appliance that will be most suitable for your personal requirements.
Listed below are a few things to bear in mind when buying a wine cooler.
Deciding the bottle capacity of the wine cooler is the first thing you should think about, choosing a cooler that won’t hold enough bottles could see you having to buy a larger capacity cooler to accommodate your collection.
Most of the bottle capacities of best wine coolers are based upon a standard Cabernet or Bordeaux shaped 750 ml bottle and do not take into consideration the larger bottles such as champagne or Burgundy. Also, the storage volume typically considers that the wine bottles are piled on top of each other.
Single or Dual Zone:
Due to the fact that red and white wine should be kept at different temperatures, a single zone wine cooler will be good for keeping either red or white wine but not both. A dual zone wine cooler will keep both red and white wines at the correct temperatures.
Best Wine Coolers Sizes:
Before buying a wine cooler make sure you measure the Wine Cooler Dimensions area you plan to site the appliance and check the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure the cooler will fit into space and have adequate ventilation to dissipate any heat.
Freestanding wine coolers come in various shapes and sizes. The most compact wine coolers are designed to sit on top of a worktop or counter. If you have limited space a countertop wine cooler may be the ideal solution.
Under counter wine coolers, as the name implies, fit under the counter just like a standard refrigerator or dishwasher.
Tall, freestanding wine coolers take up similar space to a fridge freezer unit.
One other size aspect to consider is the depth of the cooler. If you regularly re-cork or use a bottle stopper to keep partially empty bottles, make sure the cooler will be able to accommodate both the bottle and the stopper. Some coolers have a space for vertical storage of bottles, which is a nice feature if you need to keep large or partially drunk bottles of wine.Don’t miss to take after reading this article to get the best wheeled cooler reviews.
Noise is a major concern for most buyers. The last thing you want is to hear a constant humming or buzzing from the wine cooler. So, check the Amazon reviews for any mention of excessive noise.
Position the wine cooler in a well-ventilated area. Having adequate ventilation to dissipate any heat produced by the best wine coolers cooling system is also very important.
If the appliance is located in an enclosed area with little ventilation, the ambient temperature of the room will increase and prevent the unit from cooling properly. Read the manufacturers specifications to determine the recommended ventilation distances before buying.
When first connected to the power supply the cooler will run constantly until the set temperature is reached, after that, the cooler will only run when it needs to adjust the temperature. How long the unit will have to run will depend on the surrounding temperature of the area it is located in.
There are actually two common categories of chilling systems for wine refrigeration products. The first and most widely known is the vapor compression unit, identical to the ones found in a conventional home refrigerator. The second system is the thermoelectric type which is the most energy efficient and also has the advantages of less moving parts, better durability, smaller size, less repairs and maintenance, less vibration and less noise.
The ability to remove and relocate the shelves is another aspect to take into account. Shelves and gliders need to be a very solid construction due to the weight they will potentially be carrying. If the shelves look flimsy and poor fitting, don’t buy it.
Temperature Display and Operation:
Most wine coolers have an LCD display that shows the exact temperature within the unit. Best Dual zone wine coolers usually have two displays, one for each zone. Simple up and down controls allow the user to set the cooler to the desired temperature.
Glass Doors and Lights:
Although they are not necessities, a glass door and interior light can be very aesthetically pleasing. However, glass is not a very good thermal insulator and will allow the cold air to dissipate through it. If you are going to be purchasing a cooler with a glass door and can afford it, make sure the glass thermally insulated and is UV protected to prevent your wine from losing its color and taste due to ultraviolet rays.
In terms of quality and features, Best wine coolers are no different to most other electrical appliances, you do get what you pay for. Generally, the more you pay the more storage capacity you will get and the better quality the cooler will be.
Read the Amazon reviews to see what customers who have actually purchased the product have to say about it.
Pick Up The Top-rated Best Wine Coolers Reviews
Vinotemp VT-18TEDS Thermo-Electric 18-Bottle Wine Chiller
Vinotemp VT-18TEDS Review
A reliable device for cooling wine provides comfort while using. It saves energy and is safe for the environment. With its help you may hold up to 18 bottles of wine cooled to proper temperature.
Wine and beverages are important for every dinner, and they are especially important for those who really appreciate unique taste of every single sort. If you are fond of good wine and you are tired of keeping bottles in the kitchen where they can get broken or get accidentally heated you should use some of the products manufactured by Vinotemp International, in particular, wine coolers, or as they also can be called, wine refrigerators or wine chillers. Vinotemp is an American manufacturer who provides various products for wine storage like countertop coolers and solid wood cabinets which you can see in some restaurants and hotels like Hard Rock Cafes, the Ritz Carlton and so on. One of countertop wine chillers provided for home wine storage is Vinotemp VT-18TEDS Thermo-Electric Digital 18-Bottle Wine Chiller, Black, and Stainless.
The model provides storage of 18 bottles of wine up to 750 ml which are properly cooled in the machine. It can stand at any place in your kitchen – on the floor or on the countertop. It will take less space than bottles standing in the row, but at the same time wine will be folded according to the advice given by wine producers. The classic design makes it possible to go with any kitchen design and any living room.
The device provides the innovative thermo-electric cooling system. The main advantage of this system is that it includes few parts which can be moved, so wine bottles which you keep in a cooler are protected from any vibrations which can be caused by moving parts of the cooling system. What is more, everyone who worries about the environment can be sure that this device doesn’t do any harm to it as the system of cooling doesn’t produce any ozone-depleting chemicals like HCFC’s and CFC’s.
Some people usually say that wine coolers spend a lot of energy and that sometimes they may be unaffordable and unfavorable to use. The provided model solves this problem as it saves energy due to the dual paned glass windows. The technology which is provided is proven and is used for various purposes. The thing is that such windows have better UV protection and insulation properties. Because of it electricity is used more efficiently and is saved.
The device works quietly and doesn’t bother you when running in the kitchen or in a living room. For your convenience, there are five shelves which can be pulled out to save bottles unbothered.
>>UPDATE: At the time of writing this review of Vinotemp VT-18TEDS Review, Amazon was offering this item at the LOWEST PRICE. Click this link to see if the deal is still on<<<
We recommend you Vinotemp VT-18TEDS Thermo-Electric Digital 18-Bottle Wine Chiller, Black, and Stainless which is a durable model providing comfort when using and can cool up to 18 bottles of wine. It saves environment clear and doesn’t disturb you providing an only precise temperature for different kinds of wine.
- Works quietly and doesn’t bother you when running
- Wine is protected from vibration
- Saves energy due to dual-paned glass door
- 5 included shelves
- Doesn’t use ozone-depleting chemicals
- Some 750 ml bottles may be too big for the device
Wine Enthusiast Silent 32 Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator (2-Temp)
Wine Enthusiast Silent 32 Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator Review
Wine Enthusiast Silent 32 Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator (2-Temp) is a reputed marketer on multiple channels of wine storage, accessories, information, events, education, and other resources. Their products are meant for satisfaction, enrichment, entertainment, and inspiration. This best wine coolers review will highlight one of their products, the Silent 32 Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator.
Features and what to consider:
It has two zones with different temperature ranges. The top zone is for storage of red and white wines. The bottom zone can also be used for red and white wine storage but can also be adjusted for the serving temperature of whites.
The control interface is a digital touchscreen. It also displays the temperature with an option to display in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Seven chrome shelves are situated to hold the wine bottles. LED lighting lights the interior.
The doors are thermopane with reflective smoked-glass with stainless steel trim. The door is not reversible.
Thermoelectric Cooling System:
The cooling technology employed in this unit is thermoelectric and there is no compressor.
>>The best price we could find for this product click here to check it out.<<
- The dimensions are at 33.5 inches height, 15.8 inches width, and 20.2 inches depth.
- The capacity, as indicated in the name, is 32 standard size bottles.
- The unit weighs 65 pounds.
- Temperature range in the Top Zone is 54-66°F
- Bottom Zone is 46-66°F
- The maximum ambient temperature is 77°F.
- It is of freestanding installation.
- Operation noise is clocked at 30 decibels.
- The thermoelectric technology makes this unit operate with minimal noise.
- It is audible in a completely silent setting but in everyday environment, 30 decibels would be lost in the background.
- Movement is also minimal, so the bottles inside are not shaken from vibrations. Also, this cooling technology saves energy.
- The shelves are designed to hold the bottles in place, preventing them from rolling. This protects the contents from excessive movement which can cause sediments to be disturbed ruining the flavor.
- They are also detachable so odd-sized bottles may be fitted.
- Performance is good. The unit can reach desired temperatures in less than two hours.
- While it is mentioned before that the noise is negligible in everyday situations, you might want to move it away from the bedroom since there might be hums and whines when the unit is full. You can clearly hear those at nighttime when there’s no other background noise.
- The freestanding setup means it would not be good to put under cabinets. It needs air circulation and will not function properly without it.
- The shelves are not adjustable. You’ll have to remove them if a bottle is too big.
What Real Users Say:
The reception for Wine Enthusiast Silent 32 Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator (2-Temp) is a bit in the middle. On best wine coolers reviews from users, most agree that this is not the best cooler but it’s not bad either. Many are satisfied with its performance, design, and size. Many recommend it for small apartments and suggest it for kitchen, dining room, or bar.
Whynter WC-321DD 32 Bottle Dual Temperature Zone Wine Cooler
Whynter 32 bottle dual temperature zone wine cooler Review
If you want to see which wine cooler would be best for your purposes, reviews are a good place to start. This article is the best wine coolers review for Whynter WC-321DD 32 Bottle Dual Temperature Zone Wine Cooler, Stainless Steel Trimmed Glass Door with Black Cabinet. Whynter aims to redefine the ways of living for its customers. They make products that lessen the worries of people. They emphasize on portability and space utilization with their product designs. They also believe in making their products look good. Thus, their objective is to make the best possible combination of form and function in their designs.
Features and What to consider
In this part,we’ll take a look at the features of this wine cooler.
This unit has two-zone storage. The storage area is divided into two zones – left zone and the right zone. Both zones have an adjustable thermostat and each compartment has seven removable shelves each.
The unit operates on the thermoelectric cooling system. It doesn’t have a compressor, only an internal fan.
The interior is lighted with LED lighting which has an on/off switch. The controls are soft touch buttons with an LCD display for the temperatures in both zones.
>>The best price we could find for this product click here to check it out. They also provide FREE Super Saver Shipping which is great.<<
- The unit has a weight of 70 pounds.
- It is 32.5 inches high, 21. inches wide, and 20.7 inches deep
- Capacity is 32 standard-size bottles, 16 on each zone.
- The unit is made of stainless steel material
- Housed in a sleek black cabinet.
- The glass door is trimmed with stainless steel and has professional quality towel bar handle.
- 115 Volt/60 Hz power
- 210 watts/3.0 amps.
- The adjustable thermostat for both zones has a range of 46 to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.
- First off, this unit owes silent and vibration-free operation to the thermoelectric cooling technology.
- There is only minimal hum that is not noticeable in everyday setting.
- The only moving mechanism is the fan that distributes the cold air and its movement is very light.
- The thermoelectric technology also gives it an ETL certification for low power consumption.
- It is also easy to operate with its user-friendly interface.
- The controls are straightforward and simple that pretty much anyone can operate it.
- The installation is also fairly easy. The only assembly needed upon unpacking of the product is the shelves and door handles.
- The two zones make storage of different types of wine flexible. You can set the optimal temperature for each zone depending on what type of wine is in there.
- Operation and performance are also very good. It can get into the desired temperature in less than two hours.
- Size of this unit is quite big. It might not fit into most locations.
- Furthermore, the unit is freestanding. Thus, it cannot be situated in cabinet settings since it requires a good circulation of air to operate.
- The shelves are not adjustable. If you want to put in bigger bottles, you have to detach them first.
Real Users Reception
Best wine coolers reviews from users agree upon this conclusion: the Whynter WC-321DD 32 Bottle Dual Temperature Zone Wine Cooler, Stainless Steel Trimmed Glass Door with Black Cabinet is not ideal for smaller apartments, but for those who are in need of storage for 32 bottles, they are likely to have the space for the unit. They are satisfied with the performance, although there are some reports of short lifespan.
You May Like These:
4 used from $110.49
6 used from $35.04
10 used from $99.52
1 used from $87.43
6 used from $127.50
2 used from $87.96
5 used from $185.98
5 used from $97.99
Last updated on January 17, 2018 2:52 am